Tuesday, August 25, 2009

August Member Spotlight

by Nathalie

ScrapMel has been chatting with us on the message board and sharing her creations in the Gallery and I wanted to find out a little more about her so I invited her to be our August Member Spotlight. Thank you for answering my questions ScrapMel! It was fun to get to know you better!

Your TTT member name?
ScrapMel

Tell us a bit about yourself and your family (and pets?)
I have three boys, ages 6, 4 and 1; one Jack Russell puppy and 5 fish.

How did you get started in scrapbooking? How long have you been scrapbooking?
Five years ago a former co-worker took me shopping for some basic supplies. Three months later, she apologized to my husband for creating a monster, ahem, I mean, an AVID scrapbooker. About three years ago, I turned 100% digtial. Now? I do whatever strikes my fancy (or whatever the designers I 'CT' for need, lol)

What is your favorite place to scrap?
In my home,
in my bedroom, at my desk. That is where all my things are and I never know what I will need to complete a layout! I am definitely not a planner - I love chaos!

What are your favorite scrapping snack and drink?
Coffee ... and sometimes I sneak some ice cream in there ...

What product(s) are you addicted to right now?
I just got a Silhouette ... and I love it! I also love textured AC cardstock. And my Big Bite. And my Photoshop.
OH! and my Fiskars Fingertip craft knife! If you think it looks weird and hard to use, it is not so! Paired with my magnetic ruler/self-healing mat and Tim Holtz Design Ruler ... I am a pro at cutting straight lines now!

What inspires you creatively?
I know everyone always says "Everything!" but for me, it is very true. I follow a LOT of blogs (I found TTT through Ali Edwards' blog) that deal with scrapbooking (duh!), home decor, art, mixed media, writings, muses, family life, etc.

Cousins by ScrapMel
What brought you to TTT?
Ali Edwards : )

What do you enjoy the most about TTT?
The people - amazingly friendly and helpful; AND the choice of kits!

What is on your scrappy wish list?
Yikes! Everything? My latest wish was the Silhouette - and I just got it. So I am not looking to want for anything ... at least for a month. Though all the blogs showing all the new products showcased at CHA right now is NOT helping!

What is something about you that we may not know??
I work full time as a research scientist for a pharmaceutical company. And, as you probably guess, I NEVER sleep (therefore the coffee listed above as my drink choice!)

No comments: