You have two more days to submit your pages for the June monthly kit contest and for the June challenge! And there's a prize package for each one! So please get your pages photographed, posted and linked by Wednesday night!
I will also take this opportunity to share one of my favorite summer recipe. It is super simple and can be made year-round but to me, it is best savored during the summer.
- a bunch of fresh basil
- fresh mozzarella balls (2 large)
- the best tasting tomatoes you can find (4/5)
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
1. Slice the tomatoes and place them in a single layer on a big plate.
2. Slice the mozzarella balls as thin as you can (doesn't have to be perfect and it most likely won't be) and place them on top of the tomatoes.
3. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the whole plate making sure that there's at least a few drops on each slice. Add salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
4. Finally, snip basil leaves directly on top (using kitchen shears) across the plate. The last step is optional but it makes the dish even more enjoyable on a hot day: place the plate in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving, with a baguette!