Tuesday, June 30, 2009
1 4x6 photo and 2 wallets
one cardstock sheet
3 misc pattern papers...can use scraps if you like
2 diff alphabets for title
one journal spot or sheet
one journal pen
2 pieces of chipboard
ink for edges if desired
special edge punch if desired
Use cardstock as background piece. Cut one pattern paper (my green fishy paper) to 4.5 x 12 and adhere as shown. Cut 2nd pattern paper (black and white) to 4x12 and use edge punch or leave plain and adhere as shown. Cut 3rd pattern paper (multi colored) 2.75x10 and adhere as shown. See page here:
Adhere photos in any pattern you like or as shown as well as title in open area using 2 alphas. See page here:
Write journaling and adhere. Ink chipboard if needed and adhere. Add addittional chipboard piece as show, Add button off the side of the journaling. And see the completed page here:
Thursday, June 25, 2009
It was fun to interview Jude who is one of the latest members of the TTT family. She just started her kit subscription and I wanted to know a little more about her. I hope you enjoy getting to know her too!
Your TTT member name?
Tell us a bit about yourself and your family (and pets?)
My name is Judy, but my friends all call me Jude. I live in Southern CA and work full time. I have 2 children, a son Jake and a daughter Tara. I also have a granddaughter Hailee. I have 2 Shepard mix dogs, Scrappy and Pepsi.
How did you get started in scrapbooking? How long have you been scrapbooking?
I got started scrapping about 10 years ago at a CM party.
What is your favorite place to scrap?
The kitchen table has the best light, so that is usually where I scrap.
What are your favorite scrapping snack and drink?
Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper and Chili Cheese Fritos are my favorite snack foods.
What product(s) are you addicted to right now?
I really like unique Etsy finds, like felt mini cupcakes and flowers.
What inspires you creatively?
I get a lot of ideas for color combinations and designs from home decorating magazines.
What brought you to TTT?
I have been admiring TTT kits for a while now, and every month when the kits would open for others to buy, I would check to see if my favorite was still available. They were always sold out. Then last month at the crop, I played a few of the games (and I won a prize) and had a chance to look around the site. I loved all the kits that were previewed through August, so I joined.
What do you enjoy the most about TTT?
I love how friendly everyone on the board is at TTT.
What is on your scrappy wish list?
I would really love a Rebel T1i
What is something about you that we may not know?
I really like to do projects more than pages.
Thank you Jude! I can not wait to see what you create with your TTT kits!
Rozy- “God’s Great Outdoors”
I don’t know about you but one of my biggest challenges is including several pictures on a one page layout. Rozy is notorious for creating such layouts and this one is no exception. I love how she included all of the pictures of her beautiful flowers. The design of the round clock head with the circle of pictures is flawless. The large circular picture in the center pulls the layout all together into a classic look. The placement of the title and transparency is also wonderful. Thanks for all of your inspiration Rozy!
annaBananna- “Lil Helpers”
I loved this layout the first time I saw it. The colors are so wonderful and the design is incredible. I love the decorative ribbon Anna added at the bottom of her page. It really makes all the colors POP! I also love the use of black and white photos. It also makes the colors really POP! I love how she created the look of a file folder behind her pictures. All-in-all it is a fabulous layout Anna.
Bassetsnbrits- “Our Little Monkey”
I just love the colors that Kim used in her layout. They are so bright, vibrant, and FUN! I also love how she outlined her picture with fiber. The overall design is wonderful. I love how the title and journaling design pull your eye right to the picture. What a fabulous layout Kim!
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
With idea and inspiration by Angela Prieto.
Thought we’d go a little off-track with cards this month… I happened upon an old TTT friend, Angela Prieto (aka bluejeans7) and a cute little project she posted! With her permission, I thought I’d try my hand at her bookmarks. The first two green bookmarks are are a quick and simple try by me and the pictures of the other two Angela's. Notice how perfectly the TTT transparency fits! I’ve sketched them all for you, so try your hand soon.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Journaling prompts/Page ideas:
- Last day of school
- Words of wisdom for your graduate
- What did your child accomplish this school year?
- Father’s Day (this year or through the years)
- Your dad
- Your husband and his dad
- Your kids and their dad
- What did you learn from your dad?
- Remembering your dad
- Similarities between you and your dad
- What did each of your kids get from their dad: similar traits between your DH and your kids
- Playing outside, riding bikes, gardening, first pool day, golfing
- What you like/don’t like about summer
- What is growing in your garden?
- Going to the fair
- Summer jobs: your first summer job, your kid’s first summer job
Quotes and poems about Fathers: http://www.quotegarden.com/fathers.html
Quotes and poems about Summer: http://www.quotegarden.com/summer.html
- Aquarium and Zoo Month (visit one and then scrap about it!)
- Candy Month (make a page about your or your kids’ favorite candies!)
- National Accordion Awareness Month (make a page about music, the instruments you played, your kids play, your husband plays or just the songs you like these days!)
- National Adopt a Cat Month (make a page about how your pet came into your life)
- National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month (eat lots and make a page about your favorites, take photos of your kids eating them!)
June 14th: Flag day
June 18th: International picnic day!
June 21st: Father’s Day AND First day of Summer!
June 29th: Camera day ~ no excuses there, you HAVE to take photos on that day!!! J
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
1. Your favorite fruit and eating it
2. Kids eating ice cream cones or Popsicles
3. Running in the sprinkler (come on you can do it too!)
4. Canon balls in the pool or lake
5. Cutting the grass or mowing the lawn (whatever you call it?)
6. Summer sunsets
7. Fourth of July Fireworks
8. Packing for your vacation
9. Dirty kids after a long day of playing outside
11. Your new or favorite swimsuit or flip flops
12. Barbequing at home or with friends
13. Your favorite place to go and eat this summer
14. Fresh summer produce (all your favs)
15. S'mores and you or kids eating them
16. Summer sports
17. A good game of Frisbee or flying a kite
18. Your favorite summer drink and you sipping on it
19. Last day of school! The start of summer vacation.
20. Your favorite activity to do this summer! (I’d love to see what everyone’s favs are!)
Monday, June 15, 2009
Today is reveal day at TTT!!! There are three great kits offered for next month and they are on the message board and the TTT Blog.
NEW MONTHLY CONTEST RULES: We have a new rule with the monthly contest. . . you can use ANY TTT KIT to create your layout for the monthly contest. It no longer has to be the current kit. What a great way to have fun with your TTT kits and possibly win something to go with your kit next month! Details are on the Blog or you can also go here: http://www.transparenttouches.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=65 for the details on the message board.
I wanted to remind you that TTT offers 3 and 6-month Kit Subscriptions! If you sign up for a subscription this month, you can start with June #3 kit or you can start with one of the July kits. Just send me an email after you sign up letting me know which kit you'd like to start your subscription with.
Refer a friend to TTT! If you refer a friend to TTT and they sign up for 6 months, you will BOTH get a goodie bag with your kit! Once you refer a total of 3 friends to TTT and they sign up, you will receive a FREE KIT!
Click Here for more information about our Monthly Kit Subscriptions
Click Here for to read the FAQ's about our kits
For a full list of the products in this kit, go here:
July Monthly Kit #2 and add ons/sale items (Little Yellow Bicycle: Traveler)
July Monthly Kit #3 and add ons/sale items (Fancy Pants: Summer Soiree):
For a full list of the products in this kit, go here:
Have a great week!
I love using Stickles and if you are like me you have tons of bottles of this glittery fun stuff in all different colors and are always looking for fun new ways to use it up! Here are a few of my favorite techniques for this glitter glue!
- Stickles on Chipboard: First ink chipboard with matching color of ink. It doesn’t need a lot just a light coat. Then squeeze Stickles generously on top. You can use the tip of the bottle to smooth it out but I prefer to use my finger. (Just make sure you have a sink or paper towel handy or you might end up quite glittery! The end result is stunning I think and if you like a glossier look you can add diamond glaze over top and if you want a less glittery look try Distress Stickles.
- Stickles on patterned paper: There are a lot of fun designs for patterned paper out there right now. So why not jazz those up a little with some Stickles. (You knew I was going to say that right?) You can either doodle right on your patterned paper or cut out a design and apply stickles to desired area. For this one I used the tip of the bottle to give it a little bit of a swirly effect like frosting.
- Stickles as Doodles: Doodling is all the rage right now so why not doodle with some pizzazz! Grab a bottle of stickles and add scallops, swirls, trails, or dots to your pages right now!
- Stickles on transparencies or overlays: Ok I know you have these so right not add some spice to them! Doodle, fill in or color in your transparencies or overlays on your next project. For these Overlay flowers I added a light coat of Stickles then smeared it around carefully with the tip of the bottle.
So get out those bottles of stickles and add some pizzazz to those pages and project today. Remember to allow at least an hour or two for the Stickles to dry completely before touching or adding the page to your album. And don’t forget to share your favorite Stickles technique with us in your comments!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Friday, June 5, 2009
Here is what Chrissy created this month:
Here is what Lindsey created this month: