Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Try something different on your next layout...canvas!

My husband and I celebrated our 17th anniversary and I wanted to do something a bit different. I had some Prima Canvas laying around my studio, so I grabbed a few items and starting creating.

Canvas is used the same way you would use paper. The only difference is the adhesive you use, I highly recommend using Beacon Adhesives, "Fabri Tac" for use on canvas. It is a wonder glue!

I used one of my favorite techniques with Tattered Angels, Glimmer Mist products. Spray some mist on a smooth, non porous surface like the top on your ink pad. Take a paint brush and use it like paint. I used this technique around the edges of the canvas, it soaks in and makes it look distressed without the smearing of ink.












I then added a crochet flower, some small trinkets and other items to complete the layout. Although it appears very bulky, it fits in my scrapbook album just fine.
So get busy using something a little different.

Candy

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

Great project Candy and thank you for the great tips!