Friday, January 13, 2012

Decorate your own chipboard!

Ever wonder what to do with all those plain chipboard pieces? I admit, most of mine are all hiding together in a drawer. But with the pieces that I got in my December kit, I decided to dress them up a bit and boy was I surprised at how easy that was! All I needed was a bit of paint and some stickles, and I had some beautiful accents for both my mini-book and my layouts.
For the candy canes I painted them white and added a stripe of red stickles. And for the decorative edges, I painted them and applied a similar color stickles for an all-over glittery effect.

For the stocking I painted it red and added "fur" with picket fence distress stickles.

For the stars I painted them cream and added gold or crystal stickles all over.

For the ornaments I painted them different colors and added a similar color of stickles with gold stickles for the top of the ornament.

Here you can see my finished ornaments on my layout, all I had to do was add a bow with some gold string.
And here you can see how I decorated my tree mini-album.

No comments: