Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September Ideas- It's All About Back to School

Do you see that smile on my face? Ok, you can't really see it but trust me I am smiling. I love having my children home for the summer but by the time summer ends, the kids are fighting a lot and on each other's nerves and well, it's time to go back to school and we are all ready. :) So I wanted to provide some ideas for back to school. I've got some funny quotes, a few fun poems, and some tips and fun ideas for you to use on your pages and projects.

School Quotes:

"I will not let my schooling interfere with my education."
Author: Mark Twain

"When I look back on all the crap I learned in high school,
Its a wonder I can think at all."
Author: Paul Simon

"All I ever needed to know, I learned in kindergarten."
Author: Robert Fulghum


"As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in schools"
Author: Unknown


"Education is that which remains when one has forgotten everything learned in school."
Author: Albert Einstein

"Teaching kids to count is fine,
but teaching them what counts is best."
Author: Bob Talbert

"Today a reader, tomorrow a leader."
Author: W. Fusselman

"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names and all are different colors, but the all have to live in the same box."
Author: Unknown

School Poems:

A Book
by Adelaide Love

A book, I think, is very like
A little golden door
That takes me into places
Where I've never been before.
It leads me into fairyland
Or countries strange and far
And, best of all, the golden door
Always stands ajar.


How School Works
By Steven J. Engelhardt

Spectacular!
Today is Monday,
You're off to that dreaded place,
5 days a week you spend here,
You'll never escape!

You have your books,
You have your brain,
When the day is through,
It'll be in a lot of pain,
And you have your friends,
Some good and some great,
But talk to them too much and you'll be late.

Keep your grades up though and watch with care,
Someday you'll look at colleges and say I want to go there,
So with your head full of knowledge and shoes full of feet,
If you let it, school can help you accomplish any feat

Welcome Back
Author: Francine Pucillo

Summer's over ... it was fun
Now it's time to get things done
Catch the bus and be on time
Standing straight in all those lines

Getting homework every day
Do it quick and then go play
Early nights and days so full
Following those school time rules

Do your best and you will see
Life will go by so quickly
For one day when you are grown
Your lessons written all in stone

You will know that in the end
These the best days you will spend
Sharing knowledge doing well
Your future has a lot to tell.

Ideas:
#1-We all like to keep some of our children's school work but how can you save those memories to incorporate into your scrap projects? Well, take photos of them and scrap those. For projects that will fit into albums, just slide them into page protectors or mat them on a 12x12 piece of cardstock.

#2- Mini albums are a great way to cover school memories without feeling overwhelmed. How about making a mini to focus on just the holiday events and parties or if your child is old enough to write, take photos but let him or her do the journaling of their schooling experiences?

I hope you enjoy the qoutes, poems, and ideas. Have fun with back to school memories!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Thanks so much for the fun ideas to use the kids stuff from school on our pages. I will have to do that with some of Syd's artwork.