Thursday, April 7, 2011

Step by Step for a not-so-clean and simple layout

by Nathalie


Hello TTT fans! I have created this clean and simple "Champion" page especially for you! I will explain below how you can recreate it with your own twist and you own photo of course! As with all step by step on this blog, we would LOVE to see anything you create with it!
Let's get to it:

Supplies:
(some of you might recognize a few papers from the February kit #2)
- 2 pieces of 12X12 cardstock
- striped paper measuring 2"x3.75"
- dotted paper measuring 4"x7.5"
- number paper measuring 1 1/8"x7.75"
- one photo trimmed to 3.75"x5 5/8"
- plain coordinating paper to print your journaling on
- 2 pieces coordinating scraps
- 1.5"circle punch
- 2 chipboard stars (I used Scenic Route)
- tag with string
- chipboard alphabet (naked)
- marker for doodling
- paint and paint brush
- computer to print journaling
- sewing machine

A lot of these are of course optional, depending on how far or how close you want to stay to my page!

1/ Cut one sheet of cardstock to 11"X11" and adhere it to the center of your background cardstock. Add sewing around to frame your page (you could also simply doodle a frame)

2/ Place and adhere your three patterned papers cut according to the measurements above and your photo as seen here: (use a ruler to center everything if necessary)

3/ Print your journaling on your coordinating plain paper (or handwrite it) and cut into strips. My strips are about 3.5" long and the font I used is American Typewriter. Adhere your strips and place your title.

4/ I then covered my chipboard stars with another coordinating paper and used the back of a patterned paper to cut a 1.5" circle. Place and adhere your embellishments as seen on the finished page.
Here's the "not so clean" part: I splattered a bit of diluted paint directly onto the stars by simply scrubbing a paint brush with one finger over them. You can of course totally skip this step...

My final touches were to add doodles on my chipboard letters and my stars and to tuck a little tag on top where I have added a bit more info about the photo (and the reason for the quote)...

I'll be happy to help if you have any questions! Simply leave them in the comment section. Cheers!

No comments: