Friday, January 21, 2011

Include artwork on your layouts!

My daughter is old enough now that she loves to draw little pictures and hang them around the house. I wanted to think of a way to preserve them without throwing them in a container to save for her when she grows up. I also wanted to display them for everyone to enjoy. So, I decided to start including her artwork on my layouts. Why not? There's no rule that you can only scrap photographs!

Here are some examples:

Here is a layout of her sleeping with her kitties. In the top left corner is a picture she drew of her favorite kitty!
Here is a picture of the first snowman she ever drew!
Here is a layout with a picture she drew of our family:
I have several other pictures ready to be used including a princess she drew from our trip to Disney and a picture she drew of her little brother in my tummy! I also included a tree she painted in a layout I created with the TTT January kit #1. You can see it on the reveal day.

So, the next time someone draws you a picture, save it and create a layout around it!

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

I've always liked this idea but have yet to try it! Great pages Chrissy!

Carrie said...

I have a stash too and need to make some pages.

Anna said...

I love how you included it with photographs too!