Recently Monica was selling little 3 inch acrylic keychain mini albums. Here I am going to demonstrate a fun easy way to make one. I choose to do mine all about our trips to the zoo but any trip, vacation, fun thing you love would work. The first step was to print my photos out as index prints. You can either do this yourself at home or I used Costco. Then gather your supplies. I used the TTT 2009 May kit, Heidi Swapp bling, chipboard brackets, Creative Imaginations stickers, American Crafts Thickers, Making Memories mini alphas and a set of Prima flowers.
Steps to Create:
1. Using a 2 inch punch punch enough squares of patterned paper for one side of the acrylic pages. Using a clear adhesive (I have found the Tombow vellum adhesive runner works great) attach the paper to one side of each page of the album.
2. To make the cover choose a piece with your favorite patterned paper and accent the edges of the punched square with chipboard brackets. Add your title with thickers, add bling and attach an extra large embellishment from your kit. For the first page add your first picture, a die cut, title with small letters and bling. If you want to add ribbon you can staple it onto the paper by pulling the edge up slightly.
3. For the backside of these pages you can just add your photos and embellish because you will be able to see the patterned paper through the acrylic. I added a bling frame and some stickers and of course a few stickers and small title but you can embellish however you like.
4. For these pages I thought it would be fun to add some oversize flowers that would stick out of the book. I embellished them with buttons attached with glue dots and some small stickers. I wanted to add a brad as a flower center so I cut the tab off the back and used glue dots to attach.
5. For the backside I used another flower to accent the red flower that you could see through and also cut out a giraffe from a scrap of patterned paper. On the other side I added the last pair of chipboard brackets that I had with a small title.
6. In my kit I had one leftover Maya Road word that I covered in glitter. I liked the look of it sticking out of the book so I added it right over the bottom of the photo. I used Zip Dry glue to attach it. On the other page I wanted to add some of this pretty ribbon so I used glue dots to hold it on.
7. The page with the chipboard word I made the last page since you could see some of the naked chipboard on the backside. I still added a small journaling spot to write when and where the pictures were taken. On the other page I added a My Minds Eye transparency embellishment from my kit that I cut down to size to fit.
8. Then I added all the pages together and attached them with a binder clip because the album was too thick to use the keychain it came with. I hope you too try one of these fun albums. It was really cute and easy!