Thursday, October 22, 2009
Step-by-Step by Chrystal Riddell
This page can be made in a flash. If you want to save even more time, use store-bought embellishments & rub-ons instead of the handmade leaves and stamps. I actually made this page ahead of time, then added my photos afterwards. Try it...it's liberating!
- 1 white cardstock background sheet
- decorative edged scissors
- 3 different patterned papers in the following size: 12"x2", 12"x1" and 10"x10"
- Stamps or rub-ons
- a variety of brown inks
- sponge squares
- 1 big button
- 2 silk leaves
- 8 1/2 x 11 kraft or brown cardstock
- optional--I printed out my leaves from a free downloadable template. You can always draw yours by hand.
1. Start out by distressing the outer borders of your white background paper. I used a soft yellow, but you could add more colors for a faux finish.
2. Adhere 10"x10" (circle) paper. Adhere 12"x1" (green paisley stripe) paper.
3. Cut the deco edge of your 12"x2" strip. IMPORTANT--Only adhere the sides and bottom. This will be a mini-pocket for tucking in your photos.
4. Stamp/rub-on over the corners.
5. Print or draw the leaves and cut out. Sponge ink over surface of leaves. Crumple them out, then flatten out. Re-sponge over them with a darker color. Get creative! I also dabbed some shimmer painton mine with my finger.
6. Layer leaves and button with glue dots.
7. Stamp or rub-on sentiments.
Note: I trimmed my photos vertically, then tucked them in the pocket. When I had them positioned just right, I pulled up only the top edge of the photo to adhere them.