Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Altered Door Hanger

This is a great project for your kids or grandkids. I first made on for my new baby but then my 4 year old saw it and needed to have one. Since her room is decorated in birds and pink and green the TTT March kit #1 was perfect for creating it! I purchased the door hanger from my local craft store for under a dollar so it was also a great bargain project too!

Steps:

  1. Cover the door hanger on one side with paper. I used a liquid glue. Let dry and cut out with a craft knife.
  2. Cover the other side and cut out again. Now both sides should be covered with the hole in the middle all cute out. Then use a small ink pad to ink all the edges. I like how this gives it a nice finished look.
  3. Add strips of paper on the bottom of both sides. I chose different patterns for each sides.
  4. Add different titles to both sides. I went with Big Sis and Girls only but Naptime, Big Bro, their name or anything you like will work. Mix up your fonts or use premade stickers like I did for my Girls only side.
  5. Embellish with flowers, chipboard, Stickles, whatever you like and you're done!

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

Absolutely adorable!!! What a great project Carrie! I LOVE it!

Transparent Touches said...

I love this project Carrie!! My kids would love these :)

Tammy said...

That is so cute! I have some of those I've been needing to alter, now I FINALLY feel motivated after seeing yours!

Chrissy said...

I have got to make one of those. OMG that is too cute!!!