Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Step by Step by Chrystal Riddell
For this layout, you will need the following:
*Flowers or other 3-d embellishment
*1 sheet of background patterned paper
*1 6 3/4 x 11 1/4 piece coordinating paper
*various coordinating scraps
*1 journaling card
*1 coordinating frame
*1 cardstock strip or ribbon
*2 4x6 photos (or 1 8x6)
*circle punch (I used and 1 1/2 inch punch)
***Don't forget to ink edges before you adhere your paper (if desired.)
1. Trim bottom of 6 3/4 x 11 1/4 piece coordinating paper with deco scissors. Adhere approximately 1/2 inch from left.
2. Punch 4 circles from scraps, then cut in half to make 8 pieces. You will only need 7 pieces.
3. With a ruler, draw a line where your "scallops" will be, then run a tape runner over it. Adhere the scallops along the line, then adhere the paper strip or ribbon. Pull up or bend the scallops for dimension.
4. Place/adhere photos, leaving room for the frame overlay.
5. Mat your journaling card, trim, and adhere.
6. Layer flowers and adhere in bottom left corner.