Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July Member Spotlight

by Nathalie

Anytime Star shares one of her pages with us at Transparent Touches, it is a treat for the eyes. I really like her style and wanted to know a little more about the person behind the pages :) She accepted to answer a few of my questions. Thank you Star!

1/Your TTT member name?
ScrappinStar

2/Tell us a bit about yourself and your family (and pets?)
I am married to my high school sweetie & we have 2 wonderful boys. Mason, 7 & Trent, 5 and we are raising my brother Eric, 12. We have a golden retriever & 2 cats. We live in a tiny town in Illinois, the nearest scrap store is 45minutes away.

3/How did you get started in scrapbooking? How long have you been scrapbooking?
My husband was the one who got me hooked by bringing home a Creating Keepsakes magazine from work soon after my 1st son was born. I didn't even know then that you could scrap that way, I had only seen Creative Memories stuff before.

4/What are your favorite place and time to scrap?
I love scrapping at crops but that rarely happens. Lately I have been pulling out my stuff in the living room and doing it after the kids go to bed. I miss my desk though! I condensed my stuff because our house in on the market.

5/What is your favorite scrapbooking technique right now?
I am finding myself distressing & sewing everything!
"Simply Imagine" by Star

6/What product(s) are you addicted these days?
I really love border punches, I just wished I owned more of them....and I really wish I used my cricut more!

7/What inspires you creatively?
Ever since I started designing for TwistedSketches.com I have started using sketches all the time! I never used to use them, but now I get inspired by the designs and it makes my work much faster!

8/What brought you to TTT?
I have always been a monthly kit lurker...I have to be certain I will love them before I commit. I first found TTT from Carrie Labani's blog because I know Carrie from another scrap site. I have watched the kits go up every month and I always love what Monica picks!

9/What do you enjoy the most about TTT?
I really love that Monica gives you the choice between 3 kits, and she shows them to you early...I really cant stand to wait for the reveal!

10/Do you have anything on your scrappy wish list?
I would really love to have a tall "scrapbox"...or a craft room all to myself!

11/What is something about you that we may not know??
I just won a drawing for a free Maggie Holmes photography class! woohoo!

To see more about Star's work, you can visit her blog at http://starsstory.blogspot.com/

I hope you enjoyed getting to know her as much as I did! Thanks again Star!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Glad to have ya here Star. I have always loved your STYLE!!!

Star Rork said...

aww Thanks Carrie!
Thanks Nathalie for having me on the blog!