Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Paper Piecing from the Internet

Have you ever had trouble finding the perfect embellishment for you page? Well, look no further than your computer. There are several sites that offer free clip art and free coloring pages. All you have to do is search for the image you need, print it on carstock/patterned paper, cut it out, and piece it back together.

For this layout I wanted to add a picture of a cantaloupe. Since I don't have a cantaloupe embellishment in my scrap pile, I decided to find one online to print for my page. Once I found the image I printed it on three separate pieces of scrap paper: orange, dk. green, and light green. Once I printed it, I cut out the separate pieces and pieced them back together to create my embellishment.
So, the next time you can't find the perfect embellishment, Google it!! It also a great way to use up your scrap stash!

No comments: